Hello
I know its been awhile but I really had no news to share- spent the past week catching up with some friends that I haven't seen in a long time and it was so nice, even if it was only for a short little bit. We even went to out friend's house last night and I can't remember the last time Rick and I went out with friends. Thanks for hosting Maryanna and Tim! My brother's Joe and Frank popped in for a bit on Sunday- Frank and Anne had just returned from Las Vegas and stopped at Joe's house and they came out for a visit. It was great seeing them again, even if only for a quick visit!
Today is a very important day- Happy Birthday to my mom and to my niece Lola and to Tim!!!! I wish all of them the best and I am really hoping to get to Sudbury soon so I can give my mom a big hug and kiss in person!
So today I went to the hospital for my usual pre chemo blood work and follow up with my oncologist. She is away enjoying the March Break so I met Dr. Callifaretti, who is another oncologist and just as great! I am good to go for chemo tomorrow and it is my last round! I am so glad that it's a go and I am anxious to have this week over with so I can begin to heal and start some normalcy in my life again. She extended my anti nausea drugs for an extra 2 days and I am keeping my fingers crossed that that will do the trick and lessen the effects of the impending weekend. With each round it seems that Friday, Saturday and Sunday are by far the worst days but it starts and lasts a little bit longer each time. She also put me back on the medicine for the mouth infection- that just won't go away- so frustrating!!!!!! In 3 weeks I can start taking probiotics again and I know that will help but for now I suck it up and take drugs that just hold it off- but they give me a wicked sore stomach and make the insides of my mouth feel like sandpaper! I had some questions for her about radiation- I guess in 2 weeks I will get a call from the radiation oncologist for my initial appt and then I start 2 weeks after that. I will be going 5 days a week for 5 weeks. I also asked some other questions- I still can't have a pedicure- not for another 6 weeks- my poor feet have really taken a beating ! Still can't go to the dentist- but I can go in the hot tub as long as it is clean and santitary- no worries there, it has been waiting for me all winter long- so Rick has 2 weeks to get that tub up and ready and then I am JUMPING IN!!! I also will be following up with Dr. Campbell in 4 weeks to start me on tamoxifen and will be on that every day for the next 5 years. I also want to talk to her about getting some tests done and meeting with a geneticist- anything we can do to reduce the chances of recurrence!
When I went to get the dreaded steroids and other necessary drugs from the pharmacy the other day the pharmacist congratulated me and had a huge smile on her face! I am nervous because you just never know how the meds affect you from one session to the next but in the same sense I am relieved because I can keep telling myself "I am done, I am done"- I hope that will help- the other times I just couldn't see myself going through it again but this time it's different, right? But I did it and I am very proud of myself. One woman at the gym who just finished her radiation told me to take pictures and then she said she wished she had her first time around (she was first diagnosed 2 years ago and rediagnosed this past summer) but she made sure to do it this time because we should be very proud of ourselves and that we are very brave and courageous!
Saw my cancer posse friend Sue at the gym and she looks great!!! Congrats on finishing your radiation Sue and you look beautiful- give me a week and we are definitely getting together!
Well, gotta go- our van broke down yesterday and it is ready for pick up so I have to go get it. $400.00 and it isn't finished yet- wonder if its worth keeping it on the road- its for Jenna but it is starting to cost us a small fortune!
Ciao!
I know its been awhile but I really had no news to share- spent the past week catching up with some friends that I haven't seen in a long time and it was so nice, even if it was only for a short little bit. We even went to out friend's house last night and I can't remember the last time Rick and I went out with friends. Thanks for hosting Maryanna and Tim! My brother's Joe and Frank popped in for a bit on Sunday- Frank and Anne had just returned from Las Vegas and stopped at Joe's house and they came out for a visit. It was great seeing them again, even if only for a quick visit!
Today is a very important day- Happy Birthday to my mom and to my niece Lola and to Tim!!!! I wish all of them the best and I am really hoping to get to Sudbury soon so I can give my mom a big hug and kiss in person!
So today I went to the hospital for my usual pre chemo blood work and follow up with my oncologist. She is away enjoying the March Break so I met Dr. Callifaretti, who is another oncologist and just as great! I am good to go for chemo tomorrow and it is my last round! I am so glad that it's a go and I am anxious to have this week over with so I can begin to heal and start some normalcy in my life again. She extended my anti nausea drugs for an extra 2 days and I am keeping my fingers crossed that that will do the trick and lessen the effects of the impending weekend. With each round it seems that Friday, Saturday and Sunday are by far the worst days but it starts and lasts a little bit longer each time. She also put me back on the medicine for the mouth infection- that just won't go away- so frustrating!!!!!! In 3 weeks I can start taking probiotics again and I know that will help but for now I suck it up and take drugs that just hold it off- but they give me a wicked sore stomach and make the insides of my mouth feel like sandpaper! I had some questions for her about radiation- I guess in 2 weeks I will get a call from the radiation oncologist for my initial appt and then I start 2 weeks after that. I will be going 5 days a week for 5 weeks. I also asked some other questions- I still can't have a pedicure- not for another 6 weeks- my poor feet have really taken a beating ! Still can't go to the dentist- but I can go in the hot tub as long as it is clean and santitary- no worries there, it has been waiting for me all winter long- so Rick has 2 weeks to get that tub up and ready and then I am JUMPING IN!!! I also will be following up with Dr. Campbell in 4 weeks to start me on tamoxifen and will be on that every day for the next 5 years. I also want to talk to her about getting some tests done and meeting with a geneticist- anything we can do to reduce the chances of recurrence!
When I went to get the dreaded steroids and other necessary drugs from the pharmacy the other day the pharmacist congratulated me and had a huge smile on her face! I am nervous because you just never know how the meds affect you from one session to the next but in the same sense I am relieved because I can keep telling myself "I am done, I am done"- I hope that will help- the other times I just couldn't see myself going through it again but this time it's different, right? But I did it and I am very proud of myself. One woman at the gym who just finished her radiation told me to take pictures and then she said she wished she had her first time around (she was first diagnosed 2 years ago and rediagnosed this past summer) but she made sure to do it this time because we should be very proud of ourselves and that we are very brave and courageous!
Saw my cancer posse friend Sue at the gym and she looks great!!! Congrats on finishing your radiation Sue and you look beautiful- give me a week and we are definitely getting together!
Well, gotta go- our van broke down yesterday and it is ready for pick up so I have to go get it. $400.00 and it isn't finished yet- wonder if its worth keeping it on the road- its for Jenna but it is starting to cost us a small fortune!
Ciao!
So glad you are all done your chemo!! I promise you radiation is easier!! See you soon!!
ReplyDeletexo