I can't believe how quickly this week has flown. I am very happy about that because even though I am enjoying feeling good and getting out for lots of walks and fresh air and sunshine, I am ready to have my last chemo session on the 16th and the sooner it gets here the sooner the recovery starts and finishes!
Yesterday, my sister in law that lives in North Bay popped in on her way home from a conference in London. I haven't seen Anne since the summer and it was so nice to have some chat time with her. Anne is by far the best baker ever! Her butter tarts are unbelievably delicious- we all fight for them when she brings them to special occasions and they are gone in seconds! Her pies are scrumptious. But the piece de resistance- her one thing that she can make like no other? She makes this Finnish sweet bread called "bulah bread" (I am sure I spelled it wrong but that's how you pronounce it) and we all wait in anticipation to see if Anne brings this incredible, sweet, buttery and creamy bread to our gatherings! It really is like Christmas. Well, secretly I hoped that Anne would have some bread with her, but I didn't ask for any because I know how much work it is to make- and that would be rude! So after giving her a big hug she pulls out of her bag not one loaf but 2!!!!! And 2 huge bags of her cinammon buns too! Yippee, I was literally dancing in the kitchen!!! Of course, one whole bag of buns are already gone- I am not the only one in my family that loves them!!! So I told everyone to keep their hands off of the bread- I played the cancer card- selfish isn't it??? I don't care, I love it that much. Well, I might share it a little with them.
I had a great time with Anne, getting caught up on life in North Bay. Her and my brother became empty nesters this year as their last boy went away to University and they seem to be enjoying it. They are on their way to Las Vegas as I write this for a week. She tells me they aren't the gambling kind and will spend most of their time touring the nature attractions- hmmmmm.....
Thanks for popping by Anne, it was great seeing you again!!!
Other than that, not much going on over here. The weather is starting to get a bit warmer but still too cold for me. I am getting Spring Fever like crazy. There is a garden show in Stratford this weekend and it think it might be nice to go spend some time looking at flowers and gardens and outdoor stuff- can't wait to get my hands in the dirt again!
Ciao for now!
Yesterday, my sister in law that lives in North Bay popped in on her way home from a conference in London. I haven't seen Anne since the summer and it was so nice to have some chat time with her. Anne is by far the best baker ever! Her butter tarts are unbelievably delicious- we all fight for them when she brings them to special occasions and they are gone in seconds! Her pies are scrumptious. But the piece de resistance- her one thing that she can make like no other? She makes this Finnish sweet bread called "bulah bread" (I am sure I spelled it wrong but that's how you pronounce it) and we all wait in anticipation to see if Anne brings this incredible, sweet, buttery and creamy bread to our gatherings! It really is like Christmas. Well, secretly I hoped that Anne would have some bread with her, but I didn't ask for any because I know how much work it is to make- and that would be rude! So after giving her a big hug she pulls out of her bag not one loaf but 2!!!!! And 2 huge bags of her cinammon buns too! Yippee, I was literally dancing in the kitchen!!! Of course, one whole bag of buns are already gone- I am not the only one in my family that loves them!!! So I told everyone to keep their hands off of the bread- I played the cancer card- selfish isn't it??? I don't care, I love it that much. Well, I might share it a little with them.
I had a great time with Anne, getting caught up on life in North Bay. Her and my brother became empty nesters this year as their last boy went away to University and they seem to be enjoying it. They are on their way to Las Vegas as I write this for a week. She tells me they aren't the gambling kind and will spend most of their time touring the nature attractions- hmmmmm.....
Thanks for popping by Anne, it was great seeing you again!!!
Other than that, not much going on over here. The weather is starting to get a bit warmer but still too cold for me. I am getting Spring Fever like crazy. There is a garden show in Stratford this weekend and it think it might be nice to go spend some time looking at flowers and gardens and outdoor stuff- can't wait to get my hands in the dirt again!
Ciao for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment