I Am Blessed



"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,



Life is about learning to dance in the rain"




























WELCOME TO MY LIFE!

I hope that through this blog I am able to express to each of you how truly grateful I am for all of your continued support and for how loved I really feel. I hope that some of you will be able to take strength, courage or whatever it is that you need to get you through one more day of treatment. Because I know what "one day at a time" truly means. Enjoy and happy reading













Thank you















Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hello!

Me again checking in to let you all know that I am still doing well.  I feel good, yesterday was my 3rd week anniversary from chemo- and the best part was I didnt have to go back- now that was a reason to be really happy yesterday.  I did have a horrible dream the other night that I went for a check up and the next thing I knew they had hooked me up to a bag of meds.  In the dream I started screaming and told them to take it off!!!!  So, you think I might be a little traumatized from the whole thing- just un peu... So congrats to me, I made it through chemo!!!!
  I have lots to share.  First off I went for my initial radiation assessment last week.  I went in and discussed with Dr. Basrur and his nurse Tanya what my treatment plan will look like and the side effects I may or may not have. I won't share those yet because I would rather not jinx it,  needless to say though, I am really tired of side effects. Then I went and got a ct scan so they can determine exactly where the readitaion will be for me.  It was actually kind of cool and the technicians are amazing!  They also lined me up exactly and then gave me three small dotted tattoes- yep, permanent!
So this week I found out that my first radiation round will be April 18th and I will have it everyday (except weekends) from then until June 1st.  That is 6 weeks and 30 rounds.  I was really upset because I guess they decided that I needed one more week of treatment than originally planned and they call it a "boost".  This means that for 25 treatments they focus the radiation on a large area but for 5 treatments they treat the areas that were affected by the cancer.  I was upset because I had my heart set on being done by mid May.  I know its just another week but still it bugs me.  Mostly because I am so anxious to be done with this.
Next week I go see Dr. Campbell for a follow up.  At that time she will start me on the drug Tamoxifen which is an estrogen blocker drug.  I will be on that for 5 years.
Today I went to my gym!  I restarted my membership and it felt awesome!  I went to a class and even though I had to slow down and go at a different pace then everyone else, it was fantastic!  It felt so good to get my body moving.  I was very proud of myself that I finished the class. I plan on going everyday for the next week and a bit and then I will just have to take it one day at a time once radiation starts and see how it goes.  Felt so so good!
Met some friends for drinks the other night and went out for dinner with friends on Saturday.  The best thing about this 2 week hiatus is that I get to do "normal" things again that I have missed so much. 
Also enjoying watching my kids play their sports and spending time with them because I am not in bed early these days. 
LOVING THIS LITTLE BREAK!!!!!
take care all and talk to you soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Elena!! So glad you are feeling pretty good!!

    ReplyDelete