Hi everyone
So not having blogged for almost a year and a half I am having some difficulty actually getting started. I am not sure where I should start- should I try to fill everyone in on whats been going on or should I just jump in and stay in the present. I think that's the best. So I will begin by saying that this past September I did return to the classroom on a part time basis. I am finding it both exciting and exhausting. I love being back in the real world, love the daily interactions with staff and students but also find I just don't have the stamina like I did and by the time I go home all I want to do is hit the couch! Oh, it just came to me! I will start by telling you all about Molly! Molly is our beautiful, energetic, loving and very smart labradoodle. She is 16 months old and honestly, I can't imagine our family without her. From the minute she was born (we were fortunate to see her at 9 days old) we knew she was ours and she has been welcomed with open arms. All who see her love her, and she loves them! Even Oma and Opa who always said they would never watch a dog for us have fallen head over heels! They even took her for a week this summer while we enjoyed some family vacation time. We finally caved into years of listening to our children whine and complain. For many years Sarah would go to bed crying everynight for a dog and when she finally gave up Jake took up the fight. So I am not exaggerating when I say that we were harassed for years. The deciding factor came when Jake looked at us one night soon after active treatment for me and he said "I know how we can celebrate you getting better- we should get a dog and we should call her Hope!" How could we say no to that? We didn't go with Hope, she looked more like a Molly so she is now Molly Hope.
It doesn't matter if we are going outside for 2 minutes or 2 hours we always get greeted at the door with tail wagging and happy barking. I never thought I would say this but -every family needs a dog. She is truly a gift that we cherish. As I write this she is curled up at my feet on my bed- her favourite spot. Now if we could just get the kids to stop complaining about taking her for walks. Take a look for yourself and you will agree- she is adorable
So not having blogged for almost a year and a half I am having some difficulty actually getting started. I am not sure where I should start- should I try to fill everyone in on whats been going on or should I just jump in and stay in the present. I think that's the best. So I will begin by saying that this past September I did return to the classroom on a part time basis. I am finding it both exciting and exhausting. I love being back in the real world, love the daily interactions with staff and students but also find I just don't have the stamina like I did and by the time I go home all I want to do is hit the couch! Oh, it just came to me! I will start by telling you all about Molly! Molly is our beautiful, energetic, loving and very smart labradoodle. She is 16 months old and honestly, I can't imagine our family without her. From the minute she was born (we were fortunate to see her at 9 days old) we knew she was ours and she has been welcomed with open arms. All who see her love her, and she loves them! Even Oma and Opa who always said they would never watch a dog for us have fallen head over heels! They even took her for a week this summer while we enjoyed some family vacation time. We finally caved into years of listening to our children whine and complain. For many years Sarah would go to bed crying everynight for a dog and when she finally gave up Jake took up the fight. So I am not exaggerating when I say that we were harassed for years. The deciding factor came when Jake looked at us one night soon after active treatment for me and he said "I know how we can celebrate you getting better- we should get a dog and we should call her Hope!" How could we say no to that? We didn't go with Hope, she looked more like a Molly so she is now Molly Hope.
It doesn't matter if we are going outside for 2 minutes or 2 hours we always get greeted at the door with tail wagging and happy barking. I never thought I would say this but -every family needs a dog. She is truly a gift that we cherish. As I write this she is curled up at my feet on my bed- her favourite spot. Now if we could just get the kids to stop complaining about taking her for walks. Take a look for yourself and you will agree- she is adorable
No comments:
Post a Comment