I Am Blessed



"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,



Life is about learning to dance in the rain"




























WELCOME TO MY LIFE!

I hope that through this blog I am able to express to each of you how truly grateful I am for all of your continued support and for how loved I really feel. I hope that some of you will be able to take strength, courage or whatever it is that you need to get you through one more day of treatment. Because I know what "one day at a time" truly means. Enjoy and happy reading













Thank you















Friday, October 19, 2012

"We need to be angels for each other, to give each other strength and consolation. Because only when we fully realize that the cup of life is not only a cup of sorrow but also a cup of joy will we be able to drink it."
— Henri J.M. Nouwen


Hello everyone
First I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing well.  I have 11 radiation treatments left and I am relieved that this is coming to an end.  I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and have decided to stop blogging.  I am not really sure why I have decided this and it might be hard to explain so I will just tell you that it feels like this is the time to stop.  I have enjoyed blogging and have found it a wonderful way to let many people who care for me know how I am doing.  I hope that along the way I have helped some other people going through their own cancer battle as well.
I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for being my angels along the way.  I have appreciated all of the support and love you have given me.  I could never do enough to pay you back for all that you have done but I can and will pay it forward. 
I know that this journey is not over for me and I am beginning to truly understand the scope and magnitude with which this has and will change my life.  It will be a new way of living not just for myself but for my family as well.  I am also beginning to understand that some days will be great and some will be challenging.  But that is what life is all about.  Being able to write about some of this experience has helped put some things into perspective and keep me focused on the positives in my life- and I do have so many. 


A friend is that other person with whom we can share our solitude, our silence, and our prayer. A friend is that other person with whom we can look at a tree and say, "Isn't that beautiful." With a friend we don't have to say or do something special. With a friend we can be still and know that God is there with both of us."
— Henri J.M. Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment