I Am Blessed



"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,



Life is about learning to dance in the rain"




























WELCOME TO MY LIFE!

I hope that through this blog I am able to express to each of you how truly grateful I am for all of your continued support and for how loved I really feel. I hope that some of you will be able to take strength, courage or whatever it is that you need to get you through one more day of treatment. Because I know what "one day at a time" truly means. Enjoy and happy reading













Thank you















Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hello!

It has been a week exactly since my second chemo treatment and I know that some of you were worried because I haven't been posting so I just wanted to let you all know that I am doing ok and feel better today than yesterday and hope that this means everyday will get better.  This time I have had a bit of a different reaction the first week.  I am exhausted and much more nautious. Lots of food aversions as well but always hungry so that makes it a little tricky.  Mashed and boiled potatoes seem to be going down well.  The good news is there was not as much bone pain as the first time so I hope that means that is behind me for now!
So today I feel a bit better so I think I might get dressed and get out. I hear it's really cold out there so I will need to bundle up so my little head doesn't get cold!!!
A huge thank you to Cheryl for coming with me to chemo day. Having you all to myself for the whole day was such a treasure.  Even though it was under tough circumstances it was so great catching up with all the things going on in your world and you getting to understand and see what my world is all about for now.  Thanks for holding my hand, for getting me warm blankets and ice chips, for listening to me and for taking such good care of me- I felt so loved.   I realized how much I miss our daily chats and it felt great!
Thanks to everyone for sending food and well wishes our way-thank you to Walter who snowblowed our driveway so many times this past week- that snow is crazy!  We are so blessed to have so many compassionate people helping to make the burden a little easier for all of us- I know I have said it over and over but there are no words strong enough to explain our gratitude.  THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Does this mean you are half way?? Way to go!! Thinking about you and hope you are feeling better and better every day!

    ReplyDelete