I Am Blessed



"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,



Life is about learning to dance in the rain"




























WELCOME TO MY LIFE!

I hope that through this blog I am able to express to each of you how truly grateful I am for all of your continued support and for how loved I really feel. I hope that some of you will be able to take strength, courage or whatever it is that you need to get you through one more day of treatment. Because I know what "one day at a time" truly means. Enjoy and happy reading













Thank you















Monday, January 31, 2011

Round Two is Good to Go!

So today my friend Amy and I went up to the hospital for my pre chemo visit.  First I had some blood tests done to determine if my red blood cells and white were at a good level so they could blast them again and a few other things that they check for.  After that we had an hour to kill so we went to Vincenzo's.  It felt great going out to eat and getting caught up with Amy.  We went back to the hospital and waited in the waiting room for awhile.  Took Amy on a little tour of the very nicely set up chemo suite.  Agnes, my nurse called me in and after talking about my hair for awhile she asks  me if I have been touching my face and if my hands are dirty.  I look in the mirror and my face is covered in black splotches.  She is laughing her head off as I am wiping my face! So I said to her "you know I am not ambarassed about the bald head but a dirty face???? and I went out for lunch???" No idea where the dirt came from.  Amy swears she didn't notice it, we think it might be my gloves because I was wiping tears off my face (from the cold).  I laughed so hard and then she goes and gets the doctor and I can hear them laughing about it in the hallway. 
So when that moment passed she told me that my blood tests look good.  The only strange thing was that my potassium levels are elevated so they want me to get another blood test tomorrow before chemo- but I am good to go.  She told me that the rash on my hands is probably a reaction to the meds and I will have to keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't get worse. The only way to lessen that would be to reduce the amount of meds and she doesn't want to do that.  She also told me that I should not be suffering in pain from the bone aches and from the Neulasta drug so she gave me a non narcotic pain killer that I take for 7 days starting Wednesday- hope it works because that really sucked.  I don't do well on Codeine which is why I wouldn't take anything but so glad to know there is another option for me.
All in all, she said that I am good to go and I will be halfway done! 
So tomorrow at 12:20 I begin round two.
Wish me luck!
Thanks so much Amy for coming with me today, you made it fun!!! 
I hear there is a snow storm coming, please wait till I get to the hospital!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Elena. I don't think a little bit of snow will stand in your way and then it will be 2 down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope today went well for you Elena!! I was wondering if you were there when I was there (for my first radiation treatment)...
    And I'm really happy they're making some adjustments with your drugs. Fingers are crossed it's better!!

    ReplyDelete