Tomorrow is my first treatment of Chemo and I have been nervous about it all week but today I have the jitters- I am pretty sure it is the steroids that I had to take today and for the next 2 days. Had a very busy day preparing and cleaning.
I know that I have said over and over again how truly blessed I am and how overwhelmed (not sure if that's the right word, but its a good overwhelmed) by the generosity, kindness, compassion and love that keeps coming my way in so many different forms and gestures. Lots of emails and well wishes and phone calls and I appreciate all of them, I really do.
Tonight my friend Amy and her daughter Liz popped in - they gave me the cutest set of casual clothes that I can wear tomorrow from "PINK"- so kind of you to be thinking about me it is exactly what I need- they are washed and folded and are on my bed waiting for tomorrow- I will put them on as soon as I get home from the hospital so I have very comfy and cute clothes to wear.! You are an amazing family!Thanks Amy, Walter, Chrissy, Meagan and Liz- I really do love them! You guys are spoiling me and I am blessed to have you right next door to me!
Do you remember me telling you about my new and wonderful friend Sue? I met Sue at the prosthetic store and she also has (or should I say 'had') cancer and just recently had surgery herself. She is done with her chemo (congratulations!) and so after Amy left the doorbell rang and there was Sue!!! She brought me her "chemo bag" with a wonderful fleece blanket and a stuffed bear and some tea inside of it, all with pink ribbon symbols on it. Sue, I know how much that bag and its contents brought you great comfort and it will do the same for me. Just knowing that someone else has been through this and has done so well will give me strength to get me through this. Your hair looks awesome by the way and after you left the kids were all smiling and kept saying how nice that was of you - very true!
I also learned how to Skype tonight- talked to my friend Cheryl so she could see my new haircut!
Rick got me a blackberry so I can keep in touch with people from the hospital if I feel up to it- but I need to remember to bring my eyeglasses, I can't see the letters and the keypad is so small that my stubby thumbs keep messing up the letters :)
thanks to all of you for your prayers, thoughts, gestures and just for being you- I am really incredibly blessed and incredibly fortunate to have such an amazing circle of friends.
ps- I am not sure how the next few weeks will unfold so I think the best way is to communicate via email, it is something I can do easily enough. I may not be up to taking phone calls but it is truly one day at a time right now. A special thanks to my amazing friend Maryanna. Maryanna is my Italian friend who has been with me every step of the way, from bringing me her wonderful homemade soup to bringing me a comfy white housecoat which has come in so handy! I thank God that our girls reconnected on the soccer field 5 years ago after being friends in Kindergarten. Our friendship was meant to be. Ti amo! Will be thinking of all of you and gaining strength from that.
Good night!
ps- Denise, I am sleeping on that pillowcase :)
I know that I have said over and over again how truly blessed I am and how overwhelmed (not sure if that's the right word, but its a good overwhelmed) by the generosity, kindness, compassion and love that keeps coming my way in so many different forms and gestures. Lots of emails and well wishes and phone calls and I appreciate all of them, I really do.
Tonight my friend Amy and her daughter Liz popped in - they gave me the cutest set of casual clothes that I can wear tomorrow from "PINK"- so kind of you to be thinking about me it is exactly what I need- they are washed and folded and are on my bed waiting for tomorrow- I will put them on as soon as I get home from the hospital so I have very comfy and cute clothes to wear.! You are an amazing family!Thanks Amy, Walter, Chrissy, Meagan and Liz- I really do love them! You guys are spoiling me and I am blessed to have you right next door to me!
Do you remember me telling you about my new and wonderful friend Sue? I met Sue at the prosthetic store and she also has (or should I say 'had') cancer and just recently had surgery herself. She is done with her chemo (congratulations!) and so after Amy left the doorbell rang and there was Sue!!! She brought me her "chemo bag" with a wonderful fleece blanket and a stuffed bear and some tea inside of it, all with pink ribbon symbols on it. Sue, I know how much that bag and its contents brought you great comfort and it will do the same for me. Just knowing that someone else has been through this and has done so well will give me strength to get me through this. Your hair looks awesome by the way and after you left the kids were all smiling and kept saying how nice that was of you - very true!
I also learned how to Skype tonight- talked to my friend Cheryl so she could see my new haircut!
Rick got me a blackberry so I can keep in touch with people from the hospital if I feel up to it- but I need to remember to bring my eyeglasses, I can't see the letters and the keypad is so small that my stubby thumbs keep messing up the letters :)
thanks to all of you for your prayers, thoughts, gestures and just for being you- I am really incredibly blessed and incredibly fortunate to have such an amazing circle of friends.
ps- I am not sure how the next few weeks will unfold so I think the best way is to communicate via email, it is something I can do easily enough. I may not be up to taking phone calls but it is truly one day at a time right now. A special thanks to my amazing friend Maryanna. Maryanna is my Italian friend who has been with me every step of the way, from bringing me her wonderful homemade soup to bringing me a comfy white housecoat which has come in so handy! I thank God that our girls reconnected on the soccer field 5 years ago after being friends in Kindergarten. Our friendship was meant to be. Ti amo! Will be thinking of all of you and gaining strength from that.
Good night!
ps- Denise, I am sleeping on that pillowcase :)
Thinking about you today, Elena, and hoping everything went well!!
ReplyDelete