I know it's been a week since my last post and I have been thinking about what to focus on and just wasn't sure. I could focus on the incredibly hard week I have had, but I really didn't want to. I could talk about the fact that I am never sure which part of my body is going to feel like it is stabbing me from the inside as if to say "what the hell are you doing to me?" Yeh, well, I could say the same thing! So, I didn't want to focus on any of that because I didn't want to waste my energy so I waited until I felt better.
Today, I feel better! I even got dressed in real clothes and went out for a walk. The cold felt awesome on my face, kind of slapped me back into the land of living. The tylenol is finally helping with the pain and I am able to eat again, so today is a good day.
So here is what I would like to talk about today- yesterday I opened an email from my sister in law Lynn who told me that she is going to register us for "The Run for the Cure" on October 2nd. It is a nationwide event and she is putting in a team called "Team Elena." This is what she said;
"I have been thinking a lot about the Run for the Cure. That will be your day to shine. My plan is to have the biggest team in 'Run for the Cure' history. I have already started recruiting people. Which means there will be people part of your team that you may not know but will be running for you anyway. This is a nation wide event so we will get the word out to all your friends/family and their friends and family all over the country. You could even get Italy involved and we could be the first International team ever. Was thinking "TEAM ELENA" but will use what ever name you choose. just wanted to let you know that Oct 2nd will be your special day. A very very well deserved day. "
Well that was a wonderful email, just what I needed - some motivation to get me through the next while. There is absolutely no pressure but if you are interested, I am getting the word out early. Wouldn't that be great if we really did make it the biggest team in history. To all my friends and relatives from Montreal, Nova Scotia, Barrie, Muskoka, Toronto, Oakville, Burlington, North Bay, Sudbury, the States, Italy and even Malaysia (I have a follower there- dont know who it is as only the country shows up but I hope you are enjoying the blog!) my question is "Will you run with me?"
But you won't be running just for me, you will be running for someone you probably know that has been down this road or someone in the future that will have to take this darn journey. Did you know that the GRRCC sees 300 patients a day and my radiation oncologist told me that he sees 10 new breast cancer patients a week??? That is absolutely crazy.
I am not sure how all the logistics work but I will keep you posted.
I found this video on you tube a few days before my first chemo. I had forgotten that Melissa Etheridge wrote this song and I guess I never really listened to it before. Talk about a change in perspective. I am posting it for you to watch if you want. There are several versions on you tube- I really like one that has photos of people running but it also has photos of women with their scars and didn't feel comfortable putting that up on the blog so you can check out the others if you like- just search Melissa Etheridge- I Run for Life. Still a very powerful video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgiwrvEX8wY
I Am Blessed
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
Life is about learning to dance in the rain"
WELCOME TO MY LIFE!
I hope that through this blog I am able to express to each of you how truly grateful I am for all of your continued support and for how loved I really feel. I hope that some of you will be able to take strength, courage or whatever it is that you need to get you through one more day of treatment. Because I know what "one day at a time" truly means. Enjoy and happy reading
Thank you
Elena, believe it or not, your staff have already discussed doing this!! We talked about it before you surgery! Count us in!! We'll get the talk going now and keep you posted on how many will be joining 'Team Elena'!! October 2nd it is ... and it's in my BB already!! ... Denise
ReplyDelete