When I was in University I went through a punk rock phase- some of you might remember that! I did the boy George look really well, half my head shaved very short the other long and a tail!
Yesterday I decided that I didn't want to spend the next week chasing my hair around the house or tugging at it- bald patches were starting at the front. So, I called my fantastic hair dresser at Shear Heaven and she took me right away. As Ali began the buzzing I closed my eyes and just let her talk to me and do her magic on me. She kept telling me that I can pull this look off- apparently, I have a nice shaped head- who knew????
When I looked in the mirror, first I was shocked at all the grey hair that she has been doing an amazing job of covering up with blonde and then I thought of my punk rock days. My sister in law Annette thinks I should recreate that look from way back when-hmmmm?
I jokingly told the kids I was going to buy a leather harley davidson skull cap and do the hot biker mamma look. In Jenna's words (once she closed her jaw) "that's a bit much don't you think?"
Who knew I would have so many looks to choose from?
Anyway, thank you Shear Heaven once again for your kindness, compassion and compliments!!!
Sarah took some pics of me, so this is me, for now.
So now I am lovingly known as "baldy" from my family and Maryanna too who called me that on the phone last night- it is what it is!!!
Yesterday I decided that I didn't want to spend the next week chasing my hair around the house or tugging at it- bald patches were starting at the front. So, I called my fantastic hair dresser at Shear Heaven and she took me right away. As Ali began the buzzing I closed my eyes and just let her talk to me and do her magic on me. She kept telling me that I can pull this look off- apparently, I have a nice shaped head- who knew????
When I looked in the mirror, first I was shocked at all the grey hair that she has been doing an amazing job of covering up with blonde and then I thought of my punk rock days. My sister in law Annette thinks I should recreate that look from way back when-hmmmm?
I jokingly told the kids I was going to buy a leather harley davidson skull cap and do the hot biker mamma look. In Jenna's words (once she closed her jaw) "that's a bit much don't you think?"
Who knew I would have so many looks to choose from?
Anyway, thank you Shear Heaven once again for your kindness, compassion and compliments!!!
Sarah took some pics of me, so this is me, for now.
So now I am lovingly known as "baldy" from my family and Maryanna too who called me that on the phone last night- it is what it is!!!
You look fabulous!! I love it!!
ReplyDeleteElena, I realize what you are going through sucks, but you look amazing! Keep smiling and God speed!
ReplyDelete