I Am Blessed



"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,



Life is about learning to dance in the rain"




























WELCOME TO MY LIFE!

I hope that through this blog I am able to express to each of you how truly grateful I am for all of your continued support and for how loved I really feel. I hope that some of you will be able to take strength, courage or whatever it is that you need to get you through one more day of treatment. Because I know what "one day at a time" truly means. Enjoy and happy reading













Thank you















Thursday, December 16, 2010

Recovery Part 2 and Oh, Christmas Tree!

So, yesterday the CCAC nurse came to visit because I have a drain sticking out my side.  I wasnt expecting her to take my bandages off to inspect the incision, so that came as an unprepared shock...  She comes back on Monday and I am hoping to have this drain removed, it really is uncomfortable. 
Rick and Jake stayed home with me to be my "caregivers".  Jake really is a great kid, he helped with getting me water and made me tea! Such a compassionate person.  Thanks for your help Jake and Rick too!  So lucky to have 2 great guys in my life.
So, remember how I said that I went to the doctor to get my cough checked- well apparently anaesthesia can trigger asthma and mine must have been triggered from the first surgery- after almost a decade of no puffers. The coughing is making the recovery a  little more painful.
Two weeks ago Rick and Jake picked out the most perfect Christmas tree, so symmetrical and it looked just beautiful in our front room.  But it is making me cough like crazy and so down to the basement it went :(
Okay, thats it for now. 
One more day till holiday time for the kids.... they are so excited.
Thanks to all for your wellwishes, prayers, emails and calls.  Sorry, I haven't felt up to taking any calls but feeling a little stronger everday.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment