So I just got back from my first official visit with my medical oncologist. Her name is Dr. Carolyn Campbell and we are fortunate to know her from when Jenna played hockey in Waterloo. She is an amazing person and I am so glad that she is my doctor. She had lots of good things to say, most importantly being that I am going to be okay!!!! The next hurdle of course is surgery tomorrow and recovery time from that. I have to admit, I am feeling pretty anxious about it but am glad it is happening and I can put it behind me.
She told us today that because of some great factors in my results, I am the perfect candidate for this test called "Oncotype DX". Basically, what this test does is determines whether I would benefit from chemotherapy. It can even help us better understand the likelihood of whether or not the cancer will return. HOW GREAT IS THAT??? This test will take 2-3 weeks for results and then we meet with her again to determine next steps. At the same time we also meet with the radiation oncologist to discuss that treatment as well.
I just have to say how impressed I am with everyone at the Cancer Center. They make such an effort to make sure I am okay. It is also quite the beautiful looking place as well.
Well,I am off to my family doctor now. This cough won't go away so I am thinking my asthma has kicked in (nice timing, eh?) so I am going to get checked out and come away with some puffers... something tells me coughing after surgery might hurt a bit!
Bundle up, it is freezing out there.
She told us today that because of some great factors in my results, I am the perfect candidate for this test called "Oncotype DX". Basically, what this test does is determines whether I would benefit from chemotherapy. It can even help us better understand the likelihood of whether or not the cancer will return. HOW GREAT IS THAT??? This test will take 2-3 weeks for results and then we meet with her again to determine next steps. At the same time we also meet with the radiation oncologist to discuss that treatment as well.
I just have to say how impressed I am with everyone at the Cancer Center. They make such an effort to make sure I am okay. It is also quite the beautiful looking place as well.
Well,I am off to my family doctor now. This cough won't go away so I am thinking my asthma has kicked in (nice timing, eh?) so I am going to get checked out and come away with some puffers... something tells me coughing after surgery might hurt a bit!
Bundle up, it is freezing out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment