I Am Blessed



"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,



Life is about learning to dance in the rain"




























WELCOME TO MY LIFE!

I hope that through this blog I am able to express to each of you how truly grateful I am for all of your continued support and for how loved I really feel. I hope that some of you will be able to take strength, courage or whatever it is that you need to get you through one more day of treatment. Because I know what "one day at a time" truly means. Enjoy and happy reading













Thank you















Monday, December 20, 2010

Waiting for the "click"

The last week has been a tough one and today by far was no better.  Woke up feeling really hopeful that the nurse would arrive and remove this drain that is so uncomfortable.  There was a bit of a mix up and she didn't actually arrive until 5:30 so I waited all day.  I think I was the most upset because I was looking forward to taking a shower but I couldn't do it until I knew she was on her way...so I waited.  The drain is still not ready to come out so she will be back on Wednesday.  This cold just keeps messing with my throat and my ears and it is really wearing me down, so today was not a good day- feeling sorry for myself and I know that is not positive or healthy that is the way I feel today. Rick says I am going stir crazy-  I have not stepped out of the  house in almost a week. I did go for a walk around the block the other day :)  OK- enough of the complaining.  When I emailed Annette this morning to tell her what's going on she told me that soon enough things will start to go my way again and it will "click".  So that's what I am doing, I am waiting for the "click"
Yesterday we had Sarah's family birthday celebration- her aunt Annette and her Uncle Kevin so generously offered to do it at their house and everyone pitched in to make the day very special for her. She was absolutely beaming when she came home! So very thoughtful and much appreciated. I didn't go but Sarah and the clan really enjoyed themselves!  Thanks all, Sarah loved it and had a great time- we are trying out the popcorn machine tonight!  Jake had his guitar recital yesterday, I am sorry I missed that as well but Rick videotaped all the events yesterday and I watched it, so I could feel like I was a part of it.
Thanks also to Annette, Kevin, Lynn and Frank and kids for the amazing gift bag that you gave me.  I love everything in it and it was such an incredibly thoughtful gift- I really do love it.  Lynn, the rosary is absolutely gorgeous- so pretty and very peaceful, calming- thank you- it means alot to me.
This morning Krista, my cleaning angel arrived to clean our house- she really is an amazing person, she happened to be walking in the front door as I was having a melt down about the nurse mishap... I was just feeling terrible and she gave me a big hug, some homemade cookies and a shiny house- thanks to my amazing friends for arranging that for me- so, so appreciated and I am so blessed.
My wonderful Aunt Maria who lives in Rome called me today- we had a good cry together- she told me she has been praying for me- that's great, right?  I figure if all my relatives in Italy are praying for me (and there are alot of them!) then this cancer doesn't stand a chance- can't be a holier place than the Vatican City during Christmas time!
 Thanks to all my friends who continue to send over homemade soup and other goodies- not having to cook has lifted such a huge weight off our shoulders. Sorry that I haven't been up for company but I will get over this slump.
 I love you :)
Is everyone ready for Christmas????



No comments:

Post a Comment