So this morning when I woke up Rick tugged on my hair as he has been doing for the past 13 days but today instead of saying "nope, nothing" he said "woah... look at that" and he had a mitt full of hair in his hand. I was a little shocked and then did some pulling myself. Yep, it started.
I think part of me was expecting that I would just wake up bald, would probably be alot easier and cleaner that way- but that is not how it happens. So I grabbed a garbage bag and started tugging, I can't believe how quickly it is falling out. Like pine needles on a Christmas tree. It is not a good idea to try to pull it out in the shower because it was very difficult trying to clean out the shower afterwards. So I put on a little cotton cap that I got from the Look Good, Feel Better program and I went on with my day. Except that every so often I would go to the bathroom and start tugging.
It's funny how much I look like my dad and my brother Joe right now. I have the receding hairline just like them and unfortunately my nose looks alot bigger! We all have the misfortune of inheriting my dad's rather large and crooked Roman nose! The kids noticed that I look like them right away! They seem to be okay with the whole losing the hair thing. It is what it is.
Surprisingly, after the initial upset and cry I feel okay. I knew it was coming and I guess if I put it in perspective, it will grow back and if it means the medicine is working, then so be it. I am not happy about it (who would be?)but I have accepted it and decided that I am just going to rock this look the best that I can. And after deciding that, I did what I do best- I went shopping! I bought some very cute hats, some funky scarves and a beautiful green silk scarf for my head. And some pretty earrings too now that my ears are there for all to see! Nothing like retail therapy to make a woman feel better! I have replaced my shoe- aholic tendencies with scarves and hats-I didn't even go near the shoes!
I wonder what I will look like tomorrow morning???
I think part of me was expecting that I would just wake up bald, would probably be alot easier and cleaner that way- but that is not how it happens. So I grabbed a garbage bag and started tugging, I can't believe how quickly it is falling out. Like pine needles on a Christmas tree. It is not a good idea to try to pull it out in the shower because it was very difficult trying to clean out the shower afterwards. So I put on a little cotton cap that I got from the Look Good, Feel Better program and I went on with my day. Except that every so often I would go to the bathroom and start tugging.
It's funny how much I look like my dad and my brother Joe right now. I have the receding hairline just like them and unfortunately my nose looks alot bigger! We all have the misfortune of inheriting my dad's rather large and crooked Roman nose! The kids noticed that I look like them right away! They seem to be okay with the whole losing the hair thing. It is what it is.
Surprisingly, after the initial upset and cry I feel okay. I knew it was coming and I guess if I put it in perspective, it will grow back and if it means the medicine is working, then so be it. I am not happy about it (who would be?)but I have accepted it and decided that I am just going to rock this look the best that I can. And after deciding that, I did what I do best- I went shopping! I bought some very cute hats, some funky scarves and a beautiful green silk scarf for my head. And some pretty earrings too now that my ears are there for all to see! Nothing like retail therapy to make a woman feel better! I have replaced my shoe- aholic tendencies with scarves and hats-I didn't even go near the shoes!
I wonder what I will look like tomorrow morning???
Your Rick is just like Matt...he did the same thing! Matt wanted me to grab my hair and pull, while saying "You're making me pull my hair out!!". The shopping therapy sounds like fun!!
ReplyDeleteLeave it to men to inject humour into a stressful situation- even Jake got in on the action and did some tugging himself! So are you up for a walk tomorrow?
ReplyDelete