I Am Blessed



"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,



Life is about learning to dance in the rain"




























WELCOME TO MY LIFE!

I hope that through this blog I am able to express to each of you how truly grateful I am for all of your continued support and for how loved I really feel. I hope that some of you will be able to take strength, courage or whatever it is that you need to get you through one more day of treatment. Because I know what "one day at a time" truly means. Enjoy and happy reading













Thank you















Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Today I got dressed!

Yesterday I posted that I was waiting for my "click" so my friend Paula decided that she was going to make it happen and came over with a bag full of some of my favourite things- bath and body works and chocolate covered nuts- how can that not encourage a better mood??  Thanks Paula!

So I got dressed today and it felt great- only from pj's to yoga pants but I also put on some makeup!!!  Went to the doctor ( I have seen him more in the last 2 months than I had seen him all last year!) and  I have "serous otitis media"- probably spelled that wrong- so basically, I sneezed the other day and filled my inner ears with fluid and there it sits!  He gave me a "contigent" antibiotic only to be used if I develop a fever or pain.  So, I feel better after going.  He reassured me that my body is taking a longer time with this virus because of all the other stressors in my life right now but this will pass and I will feel better.
Unfortunately for Rick, his battle with this virus has just begun.  He came home sick as a dog at lunchtime today and went straight to bed- I havent seen  him since.  I hope he is able to kick this faster than me!

Looking forward to seeing the CCAC nurse tomorrow.  Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day that this drain comes out.  Maybe I should have a few "shots" before she gets here so I can't feel the drain coming out????  Grappa maybe?

The best part is I just read my friend Sue's blog and her husband posted that her surgery went well and she is home resting.  I am so glad it is over for you Sue, all that is left is the healing!!! Aren't those warm blankets just amazing!!!  Looking forward to hearing from you and please ask if you have any questions about recovery- I kind of feel like an expert now :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elena! Just had my first post-surgery visit with Comcare. My incision looks good...and I'm feeling relatively low pain (and hoping it stays that way)! Going to try for a bath soon!
    My fingers are crossed that your drains come out tomorrow!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Sue!!!! Surprisingly, I didn't think it was that painful either. I went off the percs the same day, but if you do, make sure you still take some advil or tylenol extra strength because it helps reduce the swelling. Ice packs were my best friend for the first week and make sure you keep stretching your arm up and over to help keep the pectoral muscles moving (they get stiff)! Thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete