Hi everyone
We had a great Christmas weekend filled with lots of food, laughs and good memories! On Christmas Eve we went to Rick's brother's house. Thanks Frank and Lynn for a great time. It was so fun singing along with Jake and listening to Opa play his polka Christmas songs on the keyboard! It was the first time I had gotten dressed up in a few months and it felt really good!
Christmas morning we were woken up by Jake and so we woke up the girls and down we went to check out all the presents under the tree. We opened our stockings and then took a break to make coffee and bailey's for us and hot chocolate for the kids. Then we open the very cool presents from SANTA! After that, we aways take a break for our traditional Christmas breakfast of panettone, bacon, eggs.... We sing Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus and give thanks for all the positive and wonderful blessing in our life- and there is alot to be very thankful for! Then back to opening presents! We love doing it like this because it is almost noon before we finish and then the kids spend the afternoon trying out all their new electronics and Rick and I get to relax on the couch with a nice cup of coffee.
Had a great Christmas dinner with Rick's family on Christmas and Boxing Day and then yesterday we went to my brother Joe's house for an amazing ham dinner. We get so excited when he invites us over to eat- he is such an amazing chef!!! It was nice to see Wendy, Joe the kids and my brother Settimio,Jason, Andrea and Hailey. Sorry that Frank and Anne couldn't be there, but I thought of you as I was drinking my mulled wine. It was a wonderful way to spend the day!
I am healing nicely now that the cold seems to be done with me. This week I have everyone home with me so we plan on taking it easy, hanging out and maybe going to see a movie or two.
I hope that everyone had a great time with their families and friends.
My appointments are coming up next week. I meet with Dr. Campbell on Tuesday to discuss the results of the Oncotype DX test and what that means for me. I also meet with Dr. MacFayden on Thursday to discuss the results of the new pathology results from the last surgery- keeping our fingers crossed that they got it all out! A little nervous but definitely going to enjoy this week first! On Tuesday I registered for the "Look Good, Feel Better" program at the Cancer Center so I am looking forward to that- thanks Sue for pointing me in that direction!
I Am Blessed
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
Life is about learning to dance in the rain"
WELCOME TO MY LIFE!
I hope that through this blog I am able to express to each of you how truly grateful I am for all of your continued support and for how loved I really feel. I hope that some of you will be able to take strength, courage or whatever it is that you need to get you through one more day of treatment. Because I know what "one day at a time" truly means. Enjoy and happy reading
Thank you
Hey Elena! So glad your Christmas was so fantastic! And you are going to love the 'Look Good, Feel Good'!! Let me know how your appts go! Fingers are crossed on both counts!!
ReplyDeleteHi Elena! I hope this post works, I just tried and I don't think it worked. So if you get 2 from me ... oh well! Congratulations Elena on the surgery being behind you and having such a wonderful, family filled Christmas! Thanks for doing this blog, it is a great way to communicate for everyone! I know you, Rich, Jenna, Sarah and Jake will enjoy this much deserved and needed week together! Keep up the great work Elena! We'll talk soon! ... Denise ;o)
ReplyDelete